Organizations subject to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) are required to:
- report to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada breaches of security safeguards involving personal information that pose a real risk of significant harm to individuals
- notify affected individuals about those breaches, and
- keep records of all breaches.
Our team will handle the following:
- Immediate response in the event of suspicious activity
- In case of unauthorized access or when an infection is detected, we restore a stable backup and restore the site to working capacity (from 6 to 48 hours, depending on the chosen backup method)
- Find out how, when and by whom the attack was performed
- Assist with submitting a breach report to the OPC
- Take measures to prevent possible infections and penetrations in the future.
- Provided actionable recommendations to secure the system and prevent future penetrations.